A piece of my heart

I have marked my body with ink that honours the people I love. There’s one piece of ink marked on my body that I haven’t shared. A tribute to my first love.

My ex-boyfriend and I got inked together, in honour of each other.  I know what you're thinking ex-boyfriend really Karishma. I don't regret it, I look at myself in the mirror every morning and smile when I see that little tattoo. That relationship brought me immense happiness, he made me feel like I was floating. He was mine and I was his. Of course, by now you know that my feet eventually hit the ground.

He was my first love. You know the saying you never forget your first love, well it should be you never stop loving your first love. You don’t share five years with someone, and not give them a piece  of your heart. My heart will always be with him and that’s okay.

The tattoo itself is located in an intimate area, purely because that’s what it symbolised. It was a deeply personal part of my life that I didn’t share until after it ended. I liked knowing only him and I knew about it. It was our secret.

I never thought I’d share that with the world. I always thought I’d be afraid of people passing judgement, but the truth is I don’t care and that’s so liberating.

You can move on and still look back and smile.


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig