10 Things I Am Thankful For

It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy.

1. LIFE
For the first time, I have an idea of where I'd like my life to lead. I've felt more excited and sure about the roads ahead. Everything seems to be falling into place, it's difficult to know where your journey is going to take you but as of right now, I'm enjoying the ride.

2. HAPPINESS
In both love and life, the people around me are positive and happy. Most of my personal happiness stems from my parents, like all parents, they have sacrificed their own dreams to help me achieve mine and I will forever be indebted to them. Going through hardships together has made us stronger and although there are both good and bad memories, I will never take the happy moments for granted.

3. LOVE
While I like to keep my personal life private, I can't hide the fact that I'm thankful to have love in my life. I thank fate, that I was given the chance to fall in love, because now I can't imagine my life without it.

4. FRIENDSHIPS
Having friends that answer your calls at 3am are not just friends, they're family. On those days, when I need to cry, laugh or vent I can always rely on having a friend on the end of a phone. An a number of them are all over the country at different universities, but when you need them, they're always there.

5. HOME
They say that home is where the heart is, but my home is wherever my love is. I am blessed to have multiple homes in the people who I love most.

6. CAREER
I feel lucky at my age to say I'm truly happy with my current position. I'm doing what I love, I've worked damn hard for the opportunities, but I still feel grateful to be able to say I'm happy. Whilst a university degree awaits, I'm looking forward to the adventure, I know that the road I've worked so hard to hitch a ride on is the right one for me.

7. HEALTH
Having healthy, happy friends and family around me is all that truly matters. As long as you have your health, the rest is easy.

8. TRAVEL
I am a women consumed by wanderlust. If I could I would jump on a plane this very second and jet off around the world. I'm sure we all would. There is something about discovering new cultures, traditions and cuisines that fascinates me. Seeing the world is number one on my bucket "fuckit" list. Wish me luck.

9. MUSIC
Music can be the best therapist when we feel like no one understands. A shoulder to cry on, motivational or inspiring when we need it to be. But, for me music is a release. It's difficult to explain but I guess the short version is it makes me happy.

10. FREEDOM
Living in a society that offers me the freedom to voice my own thoughts and opinions is a gift. With the aid of social media, everyone has a platform to voice their own opinions. But freedom to be the person I want to be is the greatest gift.

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig